Monday, October 22, 2007

From the Summer...

The camera cord I carefully made sure to pack where I knew I'd find it.... turns out not to be MINE!!! Sooo there's a little delay with photos....



Starting out my nieces early with a love for quilting ... when they're not fighting over my thimble... they do enjoy it for a little bit.... Here's Cascade helping with binding... Look out Cheryl!!


Right after working on the binding for that wedding quilt over the week of July 4th .... and attending 2 more weddings for the summer wedding marathon.... it was Haven's 2nd birthday.... We tried to teach her "I'm 2 on August 2".. But even now when you ask her how old she is ... she's "August 2"! Nothing like an Auntie trying to do ONE MORE THING.... I put on my baking hat... while they wouldnt quite make a "52 Cupcakes" entry .. it was fun....


Haven's little cake was just right for her! A little 6" chocolate cake made into a field of chocolate flowers in cream cheese grass!! The cake held the candles for her to blow out.... several times.... Some how the cupcakes didnt make it onto my pics... they were cupcakes each with its own flower! A big hit.... I'm not sure how long Auntie will be able to make things still impressing them for their birthdays....





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Darla You look like you have been buzy. Looks like you are settling in with the nieces. they are really cute.