Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week TWO.... Racing & Turkeys??

The week started out early..... Sunday morning my nieces, their mothers and myself all headed out to watch my brother in a bike race up in Springville, CA. There also was an Apple Festival going on.... Auntie got burned..... the girls played in the back of the truck bed.... and Darren (my brother & now boss .... did I say that??) took FIRST PLACE... in this mountain bike race... well he took it with a friend.... crazy boys .. made sure they rode to the finish line together..... Soon these girls will be riding the circuit too!!

Monday morning I heard stirrings somewhere outside the house... above me... wondering what it was, but not enough to jump out of bed.... I shrugged it off.... got out of bed a little later... coffee... tv time.... shower... getting ready for my afternoon of working on teeth..... and I caught movement out the corner of my eye .... corner of the house roof line... OH MY! Where's my camera! WILD TURKEYS!!! About 20 of them! By the time I got the camera from the other corner of the house they'd jumped off the roof and were wandering along the ditch bank towards poolside then off the property. They must know our family is vegetarian!! Its pretty brave of them to be out in broad daylight this close to Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

"Sunshine" said...

Darla,

Thanks for the link to your quilting blog. It was great to see what you've been up to.

Yes, those are some darn lucky "free range" turkeys. LOL

Good luck with the settling!!

Please give my love to your family!!

Me (aka "sunshine" - my blog alias, but you'll figure it out pretty quick)

Auntie Darla said...

Wait!!! Who was up still after me??? or maybe it was way before me!

"Sunshine" said...

I couldn't sleep!! I was lying in bed next to my deep breathing peaceful husband searching the internet on my iPhone desperate for any concrete information on the fires in my beautiful "always in my heart" city San Diego.

Even though I'm glad I'm not there at the moment having been there for the horror of the fires of 2003, my heart cried for the devastation to the lives of some of the best citizen's in all of California!!

"Sunshine"